I Wanna Go to College!

I Wanna Go to College!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

That little thing...


Most people generally agree that children are more sincere in expressing their feelings. Having the opportunity to teach children at school is a heart-warming experience.



One day, I distributed some photocopied notes, which I had prepared earlier, to my students and told them to write down their name on it. Instantly, one of them asked me, “Teacher, don’t we have to return the notes?” I replied, “No. They’re yours.” “For free?” He doubted. “Yes, I prepared them for all of you and they’re for free.” I explained, putting emphasis on every single word I said. Hearing my words, his face glowed and the whole class chorused, “Thannkkk youuuuu, teacher.....” I was quite surprised by that reaction. I had thought that what I did was usual but that simple credit warmed my heart. I could feel the sincerity.


I’ve been teaching young adults for many years. I’m used to having my extra notes ended up on the floor at the end of the class. Not many of them appreciate extra effort. But, that day was totally a different experience. How true that, little things could bring such huge effects on people.

No comments: