I Wanna Go to College!

I Wanna Go to College!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Beginning of A New Life..

My daughter went to school early this year. She has been wanting to enter school all these while. Begging me to send her to school because she felt lonely at home. She was eager to start her schooldays and as a mother, I was more thrilled. I was rather worried. I couldn't imagine that this 4 year-old child of mine was finally going to school. I could still remember the day she was born. She was so adorable.. and so small that I could hardly feel her when she was in my arms.

I took her to school that day to register. On the next day, I didn't accompany her. My mother took her to school and left. She was on her own that day, unlike most of her classmates. She did cry at first but she managed to go through her first day in school wonderfully. For a little girl of her age, she was doing just fine in school.

I got back early from work that day. Impatient to meet her and hug her. I listened to her patiently as she cheerfully shared her delightful experience. When she said, "Mama, I want to go to school again." I was relieved. My worry diminished. I knew that she was really happy... And I knew nothing else was important.

No comments: